Saturday 28 December 2013

The truth is out there.


I know, I know, it’s been a while huh? I have been writing for another blog which you can find here but I decided it was time to pick up on my own page, given that I’ve been working up towards another challenge. 

Since my last post I’ve been back through the system regarding ‘the toe’, the neuroma and the foot in general. After being told categorically that there must be a neuroma still in my foot, even though it doesn’t show up on a scan and not one single doctor can elicit ‘Mulders Sign’ (even whilst pressing so hard on my foot that it stops blood from flowing) I decided to give up on the system, stop trying to find answers and just live with the stumpy toe and pain that the foot caused.

Ignorance was quite blissful until I started to train for a trekking holiday in Nepal. After realising that another marathon was probably out of the question I sought a new challenge and signed up for a holiday, trekking to Everest Base Camp and other sights in the Khumbu region.  As I built up the hours of walking in preparation for the trip the pain in the sole of my foot became worrying. After a training day, which saw me ascend and descend Snowdon (walking up there, not taking a ride on the ‘lazy train’) I decided to seek help again and went back to the first podiatrist I’d ever seen many years ago prior to the neuroma, Tony Standering

No comments:

Post a Comment