Sunday 19 June 2011

A few concessions....

So after the confirmation that I did indeed have a neuroma I had to make some changes; now it might seem that making small changes like only wearing flat, wide fitting shoes and not running anymore would not be too much of a problem but being 5’1’’ I suddenly felt really small and going from marathon running to no running meant I put weight on. And every time I opened my wardrobe the shoes gathering dust in there were a constant reminder of when I felt more elegant, tall and confident. Now when I shopped for shoes I didn’t shop for ones I liked anymore, I shopped for how flat they were, how wide they were, how unrestrictive they were and I hated every minute of it.

The Kurt Geiger concession in House of Frasers, Dune and Nine West were strictly off limits or my mood would darken and I would slip into the pouty, it's not fair, stampy foot, but not the one that hurt, routine.

I hear you saying 'get over it, they are only shoes'. But even before Carrie Bradshaw had been a twinkle in Candace Bushnell's eye I had been obsessed by beautiful, elegant, high, pointy shoes and now they pinched me like a spiteful four year old with psychopathic tendencies. My shoes had become a juvenile Dexter.

No comments:

Post a Comment