Thursday 23 June 2011

M-M-M-My Manolos


So what shoes are first up to tell my story? It’s probably going to have to be my first pair of Manolos which I admit, I’m not yet ready to sell. They are very personal as my lovely husband bought them from the commission fee from his first library music album. I remember going to the shop in London like it was just yesterday and opening the door to the smell of (sorry vegetarian friends) leather…..maybe I’m not into shoes after all but have a leather fetish….just a thought. Anyway, as I remember the evening before had been spent with our friend Mel who we hadn’t seen for a while so there was the usual level of London fuelled inebriation and a late night well into the wee hours. The morning after I felt charming…..perfect for shopping for a pair of shoes that would set me back a mortgage payment.
Off we trotted across London before realising half The Tube wasn’t working. So picture this, it’s a hot summer’s day, we’re all nursing a hangover and we have to walk about 2 miles. For me, the word 'minging' comes to mind.
The look on the shop assistant’s face when I rang the door-bell (yes you have to ring the bell to gain access to the premises) was priceless. You know that bit in Pretty Woman where the assistant thinks Julia Roberts is a hooker without money? Yeah…..a bit like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment